Yoco is on a mission to open commerce to the businesses of tomorrow. – be a part of the team that changes financial services across Africa. We are Curious. Empathetic. Data-driven. Purposeful.
Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too.
Product Design is of significant importance at Yoco and, as such, is growing to match the ambitions of the organization. It is an exciting time with many opportunities to leave a lasting and impactful mark on the broader industry and world of commerce.
The Product Design team is looking for an experienced product designer to bring expert knowledge and passion for the impact of product design. The human in this role will collaborate with Product, Tech, Commercial, and support teams to ensure the best product experience for our customers.
Yoco is operating as a distributed company with growing global talent hubs and will accept applications from South Africa, Europe, and the UK.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
You use systems thinking to establish the patterns, causality in drop-offs, and depth in understanding customer needs.
Working closely with your relevant peers and stakeholders to establish, test, and ship impactful product experiences. This will include both designing and prototyping for the purposes of proposition validation, broader tribe understanding, and making sure we’re delivering the most human-centered product experiences.
Take existing journeys, identify key problems and work with the broader design team to improve them. Have a clear and practical understanding of the commercial implications of your design work and be able to scale that to more inexperienced designers in the team.
Ensure we are making decisions that have the right balance of customer & business impact, supported and informed by objective data and qualitative experience.
- Design end-to-end journeys and experiences for your relevant product area
- Make sure the product experiences you design both fits into and amplify the overall experiential value of our financial ecosystem
- Take the lead and run with your tasks but not working in isolation
- Curate that which needs to be consistent and that which needs to be uniform in your relevant product area
- Work closely with our product marketing, brand, and design systems teams to make sure we deliver our brand through our products in both consistencies and feel.
- Designing to a level of excellence through demonstration and collaboration.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities successfully:
- You are passionate about product & interaction design and the positive impact it can have on your peers and the customers we serve.
- You care less about being right and more about being effective.
- Care & curiosity for people
- You’re a systems thinker and understand how to apply this skill in the work
- A proven and extensive track record in delivering truly excellent product experiences.
- You understand how to lead and influence through demonstration rather than control. Gathering input from the
- You’re not a robot. You understand the rules, but don't follow them for the sake of process and linearity. You bring your whole self to the team.
THE YOCO FORMULA
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviors that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Core Behaviours - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and forward focussed
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organization where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration, and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated, and skilled team that will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, subscribe to Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!